Friday, February 09, 2007

I Can't Hardly Stand It

I have a little TV Monitor on my desk next to my computer screen and I like to keep it on to the news channels. Today, it is pretty much all about Anna Nicole Smith who died yesterday. Is this something we all really need to be kept abreast of? (Pun intended)

You probably can't tell from this picture above but MSNBC was doing live coverage from the site where the troubled and dead celeb is being autopsied.

Now, I suppose this sells ads for NBC and Microsoft, but isn't it weird that as 'professional journalists' they would cover the death of this tragic woman but they have not insisted and set up a procedure for coverage of caskets carried off C-141, C117 and C-5 aircraft bringing our dead kids back from Iraq.

I bet the bush administration loves these kind of distracting fluff stories. It just keeps a lot of people from thinking about the important things that are occurring every minute in Iraq.

1 comment:

NB said...

Here;here!!

I hate to even say this but it was bad enough to have to endure the news about this woman before she so tragically died.

I am absolutely sure the Bush administration loves this kind of stuff. Maybe now they can lay-off the gay marriage/congressman/whatever distractions.
I doubt the "real" news will ever be "news" in the media here. Unless, of course, Bin Laden shows up. I've kind of been expecting that to happen any time now...