Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fundraiser

My good friend Arturo Sandoval and I are doing a little fund raiser for Martin Heinrich this evening at Arturo's house at 604 15th N.W. That is just a block north of Lomas. We hope you can come around 5:30 or 6:00PM. Martin is running for Congress against Heather Wilson, our very own booster of a new class of nuclear weapons. Just what we need. Why don't we just use that money to pay off the nation's student loans so our kids can buy homes some day? This is a picture of Martin on the roof of his house with his newly installed solar panels.

This morning at Starbucks my son and I spotted a new pickup there that had a hand painted sign on it saying, "Don't impeach bush, Arrest him." That truck owner has courage given the ire of bush supporters. I have 'ire' too when ever I see a vehicle with a bush/cheney sticker on it. Mainly, I just cant believe some people still have them pasted to their bumper. Most of them have disappeared, but there are a few who haven't seen the light.

It is becoming apparent that bush's legacy will live on in a right wing Supreme Court. Life is to short. But those Justices seem to live forever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the plug, Jim. I know Martin really appreciates it. Julie

Karen Fayeth said...

I am a New Mexican living in California so I don't get to vote in my home state, but I support anyone who might get Wilson out of office. Go Martin!

And living in the San Francisco Bay Area, I don't see many Bush/Cheney bumper stickers here. It's one of the few benefits, eh?

Glad I found your blog, got a link off of Petroglyph Paradox.