Tuesday, September 06, 2005

60 Years on the Planet


Those who believe in reincarnation say that we might come back as lesser beings every time. The question then is, "Is this our last trip around." I am just thinking about this on my 60th birthday, which is today, for some reason. I don't know why except maybe for the fact that I think some politicians are certainly on that last trip around. I am thinking of some New Mexico Congressmen and Legislators who are suggesting we should do away with the 17 cent per gallon gasoline tax because of high prices. As Homer Simpson would say, "D'oh". Forget about funding transportation projects and mass transit.

These guys are doing this with a straight face too. All during a time of record breaking profits at the oil companies. Now I would think these guys are geniuses if they suggested it might be time for a windfall profits tax on those companies with the proceeds going to disaster relief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, happy birthday, Jim. I've liked your style and (most of) your positions. I also have a Jim Baca for mayor sticker on my bicycle that won't come off.