Thursday, September 29, 2005

Post Op

The colonsocopy is done and I am clean. The really exciting part of this whole process is not remembering it. Doctor De Flice and I were talking about sewer problems near his house on Rio Grande, yes we really were talking about it, and then the joy juice kicked in and the next thing I remember is my son Justin standing over me with my bag of clothes in the recovery room.
I have always suspected that when you are semi conscious during a colonoscopy that the Docs and Nurses ask you crazy questions and that you always tell the truth. What a dangerous place for a politician to be. Yuk! Think of the possibilities if bush needed a little exploratory work done, or Mr. tom delay or michael montoya or robert vigil.

Ok....the joy juice is still working. I come back when I can be more responsible.

2 comments:

Steve Terrell said...

I've been through this twice, but I like to stay awake and watch the monitor. It reminds of the the old movie
Fantastic Voyage.

Except without Raquel Welch

Anonymous said...

Funny. I had a colonoscopy on Thursday too. Fascinating. And I liked watching to monitor too. While the worst part was drinking a gallon of epsom salts (or whatever that was), the whole thing wasn't that bad.

Apparently, I'm young enough (at 34) that I won't need to do it again for 16 years.