Friday, May 05, 2006

Angst

Monday is filing day for all statewide candidates for office in the June Primary. It is the day when everyone will get a look at their rivals bank accounts. It is astonishing that the first reporting day comes only 30 days before the election. The next one is a week before the election and then one more just after the election. It is pathetic, actually that the reporting requirements are not more stringent.

Monday will be a wake up call for the candidates when they realize either their own campaign or their rival's campaign hasn't raised much money. I saw my opponent yesterday at a joint interview at the Santa Fe Reporter and I told him I would tell him how much I had raised if he would tell me how much he had raised. He said I would have to wait until Monday, like everyone else. I wonder if he already knows how much I have raised or if he just is killing me on this front. Well, we will know in 72 hours or so. You can go to the Secretary of State's site to see those reports on Monday at 5pm.

No comments: