Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Secret Plot

There was a funny story on the Journal website about a man who was illegally trying to smuggle two pounds of pork sausage and a few stalks of raw sugar cane into the United States. This is a not a good thing because of hog cholera and some sort of little critter that infests sugarcane.

I can see the wingnut radio talk show hosts now talking about a conspiracy to threaten our livestock and agriculture industries. I guess I see it the other way, being some 30 pounds overweight. If all the hogs and sugar disappeared from this country we would all be healthier. Right? So, infact this smuggler guy might be a hero. Even so, they fined him $250 for attempting to eradicate diabetes and heart disease.

I wish that guy would smuggle in something to take care of my allergies....anything that does away with Mulberry pollen would be good.

No comments: