Thursday, May 18, 2006

Beetlejuice



Yes, this is bug juice on my VW Beetle. The hatch is on in New Mexico and the insect roadkill is mounting. These smashed bugs were acquired on the way back from a day and a half in Ruidoso and Alamogordo. The time was well spent in meeting a lot of good Democrats in that part the state. Ruidoso and Alamogordo appear to be thriving. There were 150 Dems at the rally last night in Ruidoso. I was impressed with that turnout.


Who can resist a quick barefooted romp in the White Sands National Mounument? Everytime I get within fifty miles of the place I have to zip in there. If the sand is hot on top, just wiggle down a little and it is very cool and soothing.


White Sands is one of the most mystical places on earth. I urge everyone to go there and experience it.

This is a photo I shot this afternoon between Carrizozo and San Antonio. It was a really 'good light' day and the contrast between the juniper-pinon forest and the cloudy sky was breathtaking.

No comments: