Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Candidate's Heads


I will try to now explain to you what is going on in all of the candidates heads right now since we are only six days from the election. These are the questions they are asking themselves at 4 a.m. in the morning.

1. What was I thinking about!
2. Why does it cost four times as much to run a campaign as it did 10 years ago?
3. Why do I have to spend every waking moment listening to my campaign staff complaining about me not making more phone calls for money?
4. Why don't I make more phone calls for money?
5. Why wont the wind stop blowing so my sign crews can get a life?
6. Why does the publisher of the Albuquerque Journal hate me?
7. Why am I buying an ad in that publishers paper?
8. Why doesn't anyone even know or care there is an election next week?
9. Why doesn't it rain for chrissake?
10. Why is this so much fun?

Well, you get the picture. Most candidates do have fun at this and I have really enjoyed traveling the back roads of New Mexico again. If you can't turn this into fun then you shouldn't be doing it.

No comments: