Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Front Page Juxtaposition

Two stories of tragedy on the front page of the Journal today. One is a young girl who was shot in the head because she got a name wrong of some two bit little ganger. The other story was about rockets and bombs flying between Gaza and Israel killing hundreds.

I seem to care more about the young girl being killed than the hundreds in the Middle East. I have just had it with them. Maybe I am soul less about it, but the warring factions in the middle east just can't live any other way. Thousands of years of tribalism and violence is a culture and they just aren't going to change. It is their way of life and since the people don't stop it I have no sympathy. They are all to blame. Both the Palestinians and the Israelis. Sorry, that is the way I feel and it is probably simplistic. Maybe our only job is not to let it spill over and affect neutrals.

No comments: