Saturday, August 27, 2005

Concealed Weapon Death


The first concealed weapon death has been recorded after a man was shot in a Wal Mart in Albuquerque by another man carrying a permitted concealed weapon. The dead man was allegedly stabbing one of the female employees whom he was estranged from.

When I was Mayor I was absolutely opposed to concealed weapons and that probably helped defeat me at reelection time. I am actually a gun owner(a dozen or so of all kinds) and was once a very active sportsman and marksman. I just saw no need for concealed weapons. It was already legal to wear weapons in public as long as people could see them, which I thought was more of a deterrent than hiding them. At least that way you could steer clear of the weapon carrier, good or bad. It just always seemed to me that people who wanted to carry these weapons were full of fear and it wouldn't take much for them to whip it out.

So, now you know that even in a Wal Mart or the movie theatre the guy next to you may be packing! It was very fortunate no innocent bystanders were injured or killed. Time will tell if the weapon carrier's use of deadly force was really necessary. This kind of thing will happen again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"This kind of thing will happen again"


I certainly hope so. What kind of freak are you? The guy that got shot was stabbing someone.



"So, now you know that even in a Wal Mart or the movie theatre the guy next to you may be packing!"

That should be a great comfort to us all but you seem to want to incite panic. The people that are "Packing!" as you call it, have to submit to quite a few hours of ethics instruction and an FBI background check.

I bet you feel just fine with a police officer Packing!" Well, I gotta tell you, Police officers are some of the most inexperienced people with guns that I have ever seen. They scare the heck outta me when I see them at the range.