Wednesday, August 31, 2005

In the Thick of It! Pity Him


This is Jim Ludwick. He is the Albuquerque Journal Reporter who covers the City Hall beat, including the Mayor's office and the City Council. We should pity him a little bit for what he is about to endure over the next five weeks. It will be up to him to make sense of the Mayor's race, the minimum wage proposal and city Council races for the Journal's readers.

Jim is a really likeable guy. He moved here from Montana in 1997 just as I took office as Mayor. Jim has been a journalist for almost thirty years now. Like most of the Journal reporters he is very accurate and fair in his reporting and he is very professional in his demeanor. I always enjoyed working with him.

I remember when I ran for Mayor the first time back in 1985 that Karen Moses, the current Managing Editor, was covering the race. About a week before election time I don't know who was more exhausted of the two of us. I had one campaign to run, but she had to cover multiple ones. She was also very pregnant as I recall and I thought she might not make it to election day. I really thought very highly of her too.

No comments: