Thursday, August 18, 2005

Theocracy vs. Democracy


I am glad my wife Bobbi, daughter Noelle, sister Carlota and all other women I know don't live in Iraq. If they did they would be facing a bleaker future than they might have had under the government of Saddam Hussein. My sister sent me this link.

This is a link worth following. Although the issue of the disintegration of women's right in Iraq has been poorly covered by the media, it should have every man and woman in America, liberal or conservative, questioning our country's collusion in this unfolding disaster. This nation is condoning the turning of women's rights over to fundamentalist religous zealots. Was that bush's vision for Iraq?

Men, their rights, and nothing more; women, their rights, and nothing less.
Susan B. Anthony

No comments: