Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Call from Ray

I just had a very gracious call from Ray Powell congratulating me on my apparent win in the Land Commissioner race. Ray has pledged to help me in my contest against Pat Lyons next November.

The Associated Press declared me the winner at about 9:30 this morning with a margin of victory of 2223 votes. If there are no gross clerical errors on these totals then we have won the primary campaign. Thanks to all who helped.

Now, I will be the only statewide candidate to face an incumbent Republican office holder. He has half a million in the bank and more rolling in. This will be fun, right? Don't forget you can contribute to me at www.jimbaca.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jim!

Derek Bill said...

I had followed only the Bernalillo County totals, completely overlooking the statewide results. As a result I went to bed thinking you'd lost, and woke up this morning to find I'd made a big boo-boo. Congratulations!

Marshall said...

Jim
I am very excited an happy for you! It was nice to (for the first time since i started in politics) be happy for a couple of candidates i was hoping for had won. My congrats to you Jessie, and Mario. stellar job!!!