Thursday, June 01, 2006

Useless

First, I got some more endorsements in the last couple of days, which is good. The Santa Fe Reporter and the Albuquerque Alibi, both of them large and influential weeklies, endorsed me. I really appreciate their support. Both publications offer real alternative looks at issues and politics. I am glad they exist and hope they will for a long time. I also got the support of the Taos News. This is a great weekly paper with a local news flavor.

Second, what is more useless than a candidate four days before an election that will probably set a record for a low turnout. We have all done about all that can be done except to call for more money. That will dry up anyway this close in to the election. The victors next Tuesday will then start all over and on a much bigger scale. It will be nice to be a part of a team instead of being in the wilderness that we call primary elections. Election night gatherings for the Democrats will be held at the Albuquerque Hilton Inn. Look for us there whether we are victorious or vanquished.

Third, if you want to see how much all the candidates are reporting in contributions and expenditures visit this site.

Just click on the June 1 column. I raised about $35,000 this period and spent $55,000. Totally I have spent about $120,000 and raised about the same amount.

No comments: