Thursday, June 08, 2006

Rael, Rodger & Rail Runner


This was a fun trip over to Bernalillo on the new Rail Runner. Lawrence Rael, my Chief Administrative Officer when I served as Mayor, and Rodger Beimer went along. Lawrence is now Director of the Middle Rio Grande Council of Govermnments. He has worked very hard with Governor Richardson to make this commuter train a reality. We all went to Bernalillo to have lunch with business leaders and elected officials there. The trip each way took about 15 minutes. No hassles with traffic. I can't wait for it to go to Santa Fe.


This is Mike Cerletti, Secretary of the State Tourism Department. I am showing you this picture because he was self conscious with his tiny borrowed sunglasses. Sorry Mike, but you knew I had to do this.

Seriously, Mike is doing a great job for New Mexico. Tourism is really important to this state. I read just today that hunting and fishing brings in a third of a billion dollars a year to our economy. That is why it makes sense to preserve and protect those sportsmen's lands from irresponsible development.

No comments: