Thursday, July 07, 2005

Critical Thinking

I wake up every morning at 5am when the Bose radio comes on to NPR. It wakes me up and then I immediately fall off again for a while. This morning after just a few moments I realized they were spending an awful lot of time on one story, although it hadn't registered to me what it was. I then listened and figured out it was the London bombings.

Those poor people. On their way to work after a great day yesterday when Londoners found out they would host the Olympics. As I post this it is unclear what the death toll will be. It probably won't be much more than Iraq has suffered in the last few days. Iraqi deaths now rarely make it on to the front page. The London deaths will for quite some time be the lead story.

I think anyone who is capable of good critical thinking now will be truly questioning the leadership of Bush again. Why are the terrorists still able to function with impunity? Is it because our unnecessary war in Iraq has sucked away efforts aimed at stamping out the terrorists? Is it because Iraq became the recruiting tool for these crazy religious Islamic fundamentalists? If Bush gains in popularity in the polls I will loose all faith in our American common sense.

No comments: