Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Misc

Pope Francis has sent one of his like minded clerical supporters to be the new Archbishop of the Santa Fe Archdiocese.  At least it looks that way.  I know some of my friends who are still active in the church will be happy about this.  I know some Catholic supporters of the fossil fuel industry will not be happy at all.  In case you haven't noticed, Pope Francis is getting ready to come down hard on the climate change issue because he sees it as a real danger to the continuance of life on the planet.  Of course the Koch brothers, big supporters of our Governor, immediately took on Francis for being a dupe of the United Nations.  It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

Senator Martin Heinrich has come out against the new Trade Promotion Authority legislation that would prevent congress from amending the proposed Trans Pacific Partnership free trade agreement.  This is a gutsy thing for Heinrich to do and I think it should show his credentials as an independent Senator who won't march lockstep with many of his colleagues.  He wants answers and he should get them before any such agreement is inked.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Pope Francis. See Jim the guys in the "funny suits" are not all that bad. I will continue to pray for you. Remember, it is never too late to come back in to the fold.

Jim Baca said...

It might not be too late to come back, but I never will because I believe in science and not fantasy. That doesn't mean religion can't have a positive effect, but to me the underlying dogma is crazy.

Anonymous said...

I guess we will just keep praying for you then. There are all kinds of things that can't be explained by science that are well documented. You call it fantasy and I call it faith in a higher power. I feel sorry for you, but I respect your position to believe what you want.

Anonymous said...

I like Heinrich. I think he will be a one and done Senator though.

Donald F Schiff said...

Thanks, Martin! One and done? Not hardly. Even some Rs I've talked to like him.

Anonymous said...

I guess we will see. There will be a ton of dark money that comes in from out of state against Heinrich. I hope that I am wrong.