Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Airport Ripoffs

I have discovered through my very own research that a small cup of coffee in the Albuquerque airport costs $2.08. In the Dallas airport it costs $2.01. So my findings are, 1. Albuquerque had the inferior coffee at a higher price and 2. Dallas coffee was ok but all they had to put in it was creamer from those little containers that are so hard to open and 3. When you are in an airport if you want a cup of coffee you just pay ridiculous prices. I figure that cup of coffee could not have cost them more than 15 cents. What a racket!

My cab driver in from Washington National Airport to Bobbi's apartment was a Pakastani. I think 50% of DC cab drivers are from overseas and they are always fun to have a conversation with. He had the nicest and cleanest cab I have been in for a long time. As I have said before I always love the cabbies in DC because they listen to the NPR news all day and have great opinions on what is going on and I have never run across one in the last few years that had anything nice to say about bush. But, today we didn't talk about bush. We somehow got on subject of natural disasters after I mentioned we had a drought in New Mexico. He said he is from he region of Pakistan that was devasted by the earthquake last year and that the members of his family that survived were living in tents. I added that a lot of the Katrina survivors didn't even have that which says a lot about the current leadership in the nation's capitol. Well, I guess I did talk about bush.

No comments: