Friday, February 24, 2006

DC Meetings and Fundraising

I have been in meetings for two solid days at the Wilderness Society Governing Council meeting. The meetings were generally upbeat. As some one pointed out, bush and his cronies have still not put a single road into the roadless areas of our public lands in the last 5.5 years. Maybe their incompetence is being effective there too! Let's don't bank on that happening over the last 2.5 years of this surreal administration however. Vigilance is the operative word here.

The fundraising time I put in here in DC has really paid off.....literally. I have made a good size dent into paying for the nuts and bolts for the campaign, but a lot more will be needed. I will be meeting with other fundraisers on Saturday before having lunch with my good friends Steve Cobble and Moses Mercado of the Democratic National Committee.

No comments: