Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Piling On

Senator Larry Craig of Idaho was one of the biggest liars in the Senate when I was at the Bureau of Land Management. He would get up in the Senate and just plain tell bald faced lies about public land issues. He told those lies for the livestock industry, the mining industry and real estate folks who wanted to steal public land. Secretary of the Interior Bruce Babbitt was afraid of him big time. It was disgusting.

So, I am having a hard time believing what Craig is now saying about his incident in a men's room stall in the Minneapolis Airport. But, after breakfast with Ned and Arturo today we came up with some more believable things for him to say than I am not really guilty.

1. I was listening to my I-Pod and just tapping my foot.
2. I was trying to get out a really big one.
3. There was a cockroach running by and I was trying to squash it.
4. I have restless leg syndrome.
5. I was practicing my tap dance for the Senate talent show.
6. I was trying to get that guy to tie my shoe laces.
7. I thought I was in a shoe shine stall.

There were more suggestions for him but I bet readers of this blog would have some good ones. Put them in a comment.

If Larry Craig is gay, I really don't care. What disgusts me is his hypocrisy. He says he is sorry for putting a 'dark cloud' over Idaho. No one should mistake that it is a dark cloud because he is gay, it is a dark cloud because he is a liar.

No habit or quality is more easily acquired than hypocrisy, nor any thing sooner learned than to deny the sentiments of our hearts and the principle we act from: but the seeds of every passion are innate to us, and nobody comes into the world without them.
Bernard de Mandeville

No comments: