Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Brrrrr

How does one pack to go to a flat state like Iowa? In the winter. With snow. And blizzards. And gale force winds. At 15 degrees Fahrenheit.

Well, I guess I will just layer with the many new sweaters I got for Christmas. I will wear warm socks and shoes and even take my longies!

Why am I doing this? Well, mostly for Bill Richardson and a little for the experience. I happen to think this is a pivotal election that will determine this nation's place in the future. Who wouldn't want to be part of that process? Especially if you have kids.

I will see a lot of friends there too and the Governor will be having a nice New Year's Eve party I am told. Meanwhile, Bobbi and my sister in law Jan will be in warm Pasadena, California to help decorate New Mexico's Rose Bowl Parade Float. Strangely, she need to take longies too because they will be working in warehouses kept very cold to preserve the flowers on the floats!

I will blog as much as possible from Iowa if my cameras and keyboards don't freeze up.

No comments: