Wednesday, February 06, 2008

More Fun

It looks like the fun continues for a few more months after Super Tuesday! I got up early this morning in Washington and signed on to the results in New Mexico. I have to say the close race is not a surprise to me and in some ways I view it as a victory for Obama although the margins are narrow. It might also be a wake up call for the old line and loyal party Democrats that a new type of candidate can do well in the Land of Enchantment. I think his successful appearances in New Mexico carried the day for him.

As Obama and Clinton battle over the remaining delegates I think Obama must work very hard at making as many appearances as possible. I agree with many national analysts that the more contact he has with voters the better he does.

There is a lot of talk about his performance with Latino voters. The problem may or may not be real but you really cant lump Latino voters into one group. They can be diverse as America.

Let the good times roll up until the convention.

No comments: