Thursday, July 17, 2014

Misc.

I happened to catch an old movie last night called "Munich".  It is about the slaughter of the Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympics and the ensuing revenge killings by Israeli operatives.  The assassins soon begin to doubt the outcomes of their actions because the people they kill are replaced by even worse terrorists.  And we look today at what is going on in the middle east and see that things haven't changed a bit.  On both sides.  Once again, it is not a crisis but a culture of killing each others children.  They are all nuts.

Governor Toney Anaya of New Mexico has pled no contest to security fraud.  The once hard fighter against corruption got caught up in not disclosing the fact that the company that  he served has CEO was really being run by convicted felons on the board.  This is pretty surprising to me in that I thought he was above all that.

The comments on my post on the Archbishop retiring are interesting.  Many commenters think I hate the Catholic Church.  I do not.  I just hate the hierarchal corruption and behavior I see in the church, and most other churches.  My being an Atheist really has nothing to do with it.  I have many friends who have strong religious beliefs who don't much like that corruption either.  

No comments: