Friday, October 13, 2006

Lower


This ad by Demesia Padilla, Republican Treasurere Candidate, is a new low. I have watched Demesia and the rest of the Republican statewide candidates all slowly morph into John Dendahl. My opponent has done the same kind of stuff, but his campaign is being run by Dendahl on the side and Dendahl's wife works for the Land Office. I had always liked Demesia but this is horrible. What is happening here is a full frontal assault on the lower Democratic constitutional office candidates by Dendahl forces. The problem is, this kind of hateful stuff works quite often.

I remember in 1985 I lost a Mayor's race to Ken Shultz because his supporters spread rumors that my wife and kids hated hispanics and didn't have my last name. It wasn't true but it was enough to garner a couple of thousand votes. This thing has actually cropped up again in this race. A comment in the Santa Fe New Mexican comment section opened it up again. Never underestimate the lows some people can descend to in politics.

No comments: