Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ruidoso News Take

Here is a link to the Ruidoso News story on the non debate between my opponent and me on Monday in Ruidoso. It is very accurate.

My opponent is obviously worried about my growing support amongst hunters and sportsmen. He had attempted to trade off to corporate interests some our our best hunting lands early in his term. Governor Richardson and Attorney General Patsy Madrid stopped him. Now he is out with some news release stating I gave away 68,000 acres of hunting land when I was Commissioner. I have no idea what he is talking about, unless it was land we traded to the BLM to create the Bisti and De-Na-Zin wilderness areas. Senator Pete Domenici favored that wilderness designation. Here is the news release I issued last June about protecting hunting access.

You should definitely go to Bisti on a cool day. It is an other-worldly experience.

No comments: