Friday, December 16, 2005

Erik & Canoe



Anyone who has lived around Albuquerque City Government and Politics over the last few decades will know this couple. Erik Pfeiffer was the city Economic Development Director for both Mayor Chavez and me. I have known Erik since the early 80's when he helped me with my first State Land Commissioner race. His wife, Canoe Ghandilon, has just had her first book published. It is called "The Emperor's Bracelet" and chronicles her emigration from France to America. They were in town quick book signing for many of their friends and they leave for New York in the morning for another event there.

Erik retired after I left office and he and Canoe lived in San Carlos, Mexico for three years before moving to Hawaii. He and Canoe are truly good people who worked hard for many years for the good of Albuquerque. I miss them, although we stay in touch via email and telephone. I read the first chapter of her book and I can tell it will be a good piece of literature.

No comments: