Friday, September 08, 2006

Its Always Something!


There is a big controversy at the State Fair this year. Moe Chavez, a law enforcement official with the State Gaming Board, showed up at the opening of the fair today with a petition. He and the other signatories are outraged that the "World's Largest Pig" was not going to make an appearance at the Fair. There were already 24 signatures on his petition sheet. I mentioned to him that he might just possibly have had the "Worlds Largest Pig" as part of his breakfast burrito this morning. He looked dismayed.

State Fair Manager Fred Peralta and Deputy Fair Manager Rodger Beimer immediately got on their cell phones to see what could be done. Alas, I think they may have had burritos this morning as well.


This is as close as I got to my annual epicurean delight. The State Fair Corn Dog. The numerous food joints were not selling because the city health inspector hadn't given the okay to open yet. I had to just salivate and wait for tomorrow after the State Fair Parade.

And then my daughter Noelle sends me this joke but says it doesn't apply to me.

Five surgeons are discussing who makes the best patients to operate on.

The first surgeon says, "I like to see accountants on my operating table, because when you open them up, everything inside is numbered."

The second responds, "Yeah, but you should try electricians! Everything inside them is color coded."

The third surgeon says, "No, I really think librarians are the best; everything inside them is in alphabetical order."

The fourth surgeon chimes in: "You know, I like construction workers...those guys always understand when you have a few parts left over at the end, and when the job takes longer than you said it would."

But the fifth surgeon shut them all up when he observed: "You're all wrong. Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no brains and no spine, and the head and the butt are
interchangeable.


And Finally! Click here to see the best New Mexico Political Commerical of the Year.

No comments: