Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Polls Hit

So, how do I feel about being ahead by 5% over my incumbent republican opponent Pat Lyons. Well, actually pretty good. The Albuquerque Journal Poll hit over the weekend and it looks like a sweep for the Democrats at this point. The one close race, mine, is due to me running against an incumbent. I am the only statewide candidate to face an incumbent. He has received hundreds of thousands of dollars from the oil and gas industry. The Yates petroleum company, who wants to drill in Otero Mesa, is his biggest contributor with most of the major oil companies close behind. This will become a major issue in the campaign from here on out. Everytime you see a negative commercial about me just remember it is being funded by your profit swollen oil and gas industry.

That means that we still need to raise more money though. You can go to www.jimbaca.com
to make a contribution.

The rest of the ticket is in good shape and I believe the Governor will go over 60%, which is good for all of the other constitutional offices up for election.

No comments: