Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Diminishing Returns

Every time I watch Hillary Clinton do another attack on Barack Obama I believe she is a victim of diminishing returns in the way of support from many Democrats. For example, now that she has invoked Osama bin Laden in her advertising, thus using the 'fear' factor that she decried bush for in the last election, she ratcheted down my level of support should she be successful in her quest for the nomination. Where I might have gone out and tried to raise money for her, now I will just put up a yard sign. Get the picture? And I am pretty hardcore anti bush/McCain. I know I am not the only one who feels this way. We are totally fatigued with it and are actually angry.

I am assuming that Hillary will win today in Pennsylvania. If she doesn't win by 15% then she has failed to maintain her candidacy. If she wins by less than 5% she should graciously resign from her quest. Anywhere in between those two numbers and she just prolongs the inevitable.

It looks like another fun night watching returns on CNN and MSNBC. Well, I hope they wont use any analysts that are taking money from any of the candidates. Do you think?

No comments: