Sunday, September 14, 2008

Be There but No B-Square


Yes, I got my annual corn dog at the New Mexico State Fair today. Bobbi went along and had one too. They were good. One a year wont kill us. No, I don't want to know what it was made of. Then we headed over to the Agricultural exhibit to see the Bolack B-Square Farm Exhibit. I have been doing that for about 50 years. Except it wasn't there today. They aren't going to do it any more. So much for 1000 pound pumpkins, yard long squash, carrots as big as your forearm, and beautiful giant green chiles.

This is one more sign to me that the State Fair must remake it self for a new century. The Commission must look at a whole new way of doing things. Its okay to still have the traditional stuff, but a new line of exhibits on science, technology and education might liven things up a little bit. Just my suggestion.

No comments: