Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Food Gestapo

Mayor Martin Chavez has directed his storm troopers at City Hall to force certain food off the menus in vending machines. He has decreed from his office that junk food not be vended any longer. Gone, I assume, are M&Ms, Snickers, Doritos, Oreos and anything else that tastes good. Now, I can see the value in doing this in a school but I gotta say that treating adults like school kids goes a bridge to far.

I have recently gone on a high vegetable and protein diet. I actually feel pretty good for it. But, I still eye those special occasions when an Almond Joy might be appropriate. I guess I will have to find a 'pusher' if I am in a city building to provide me with my fix. Pssst, Buddy, I got some good stuff here....Meet me in the parking structure. Yuk.

No comments: