Saturday, July 16, 2011

RIP Athena

We lost our long time Beagle companion Athena today.  Old age was the culprit.  She was  one of our best dogs ever.  Her buddy Beagle passed to the other side a couple of years ago.  Athena was our daughter Noelle's pet.  When she went off to Rice University we just kept Athena since she was happy in our home.

We probably wont get another dog.  We have had one or two at a time since we met in 1975.  Bobbi and I are now content with our cats Ajax and Hermes.  They are not so needy and are very social.  Also, after watching some friends our age who just got a puppy I am not certain I would have the energy to deal with it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It takes some special people to love a beagle. I'm sorry for your loss.

I, Robot said...

My condolences on your loss.

Donald F. Schiff said...

What I, Robot said. Athena obviously had a lot of character.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Athena.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet looking Beagle. Sorry for your loss.

Roland P said...

Very sorry to learn about Athena. We are with you and Bobbie. We have two dogs and two cats. One of the cats is 17 and not doing too well right now. The other three are healthy and doing find. But, we've decided to allow nature to slowly reduce our pet population over time as we are not getting any younger ourselves. These animals are really a constant wonder and I know I will miss their companionship.