Friday, September 28, 2012

Time Marches ON

This picture was taken 30 years ago.  The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta mass ascension was underway on the first day of the Fiesta.  I was in my first ever political campaign running for State Land Commissioner.  I won the general election carrying the ticket with the most votes and widest margin of victory.  Even the Albuquerque Journal supported me in those days.  All before the crazies in the right wing took over the media and the GOP.

Shown in the picture are Rosemary Glenn, my wife Bobbi holding our then two year old son Justin.  Rita Longino with their daughter Laura(now working hard for Michelle Lujan Grisham), my brother-in-law Dave Miller who is now the safety officer at the Albuquerque International Airport. Behind  him is Roy Soto(Rita's husband) who became my Deputy at the Land Office.  Pleas Glenn has the sunglasses on.  He headed up the Commercial development department at the Land Office for me.  He did all of the preliminary work on starting up the Mesa del Sol project.  Of course Rosemary, Bobbi and Rita were all highly successful professionals and career oriented women.  And I am up on top of the group with a smile because I knew the race was in the bag.  Those were really good times.

No comments: