Friday, July 16, 2010

Bad News, Good News

I mean really, how low can the republican party go.  They have now dedicated a website to defaming President Obama for planning a vacation with his wife and two daughters.  Family Values at its best.  They are going to Maine for some relaxation.  And the republicans think it is a bad thing.  Is the GOP truly at this point of abject pettiness?  Lets see, they are against aid for the unemployed, want more tax cuts for the rich, and voted against sensible regulation of the financial industry.  They are totally screwed in the head.  This should be their new mantra.

They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa,
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa.
To the happy home. With trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket
weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes and they're
coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!

I always loved that old song.



The good news is that my daughter Noelle called me today and told me she has now removed her tongue stud.  She just thought I would want to know.  This is a picture of her during her 'go to hell' phase while in High School.  When Bobbi and I were out of town one time she went and got this thing put in her mouth.  She had a choice of taking it out or a six week grounding.  She took the grounding.

This is a recent picture of Noelle on a visit to Chengdu, China for Intel where she is an up and coming professional.  She said this morning that after ten years of dealing with the tongue stud she may have to learn how to speak again.

1 comment:

Ok, then said...

I am so encouraged to hear the news about the tongue stud. My daughter has a lip ring, which I greeted with about the same enthusiasm, but she had it done in college so I couldn't ground her. Now I have hope that someday it will disappear. Glorious day that will be!