Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hot

I am going up to Pendaries, NM again for a couple days of golf.  I sure hope it is cooler than Albuquerque.  As I get into the Zen of golf I will be distracted by the current gross receipts tax rate I noticed on my sales slip last night.  7%!
That is one hell of a high rate.  It is regressive as hell and unfair to the poor especially.  I think when I was Mayor it was around 5.6%.  And meanwhile the republicans want to cut taxes on the rich even more.  That is something to get hot about.

1 comment:

KevinB said...

Hi Jim. Like you blog and comments, except for this one. You seem to be comparing local GRT rates to the political platforms of the national parties. I'm not sure I see much of a tie in there. What I'm saying is, not everything is attributable to the GOP bogeyman.