Friday, October 01, 2010

Rain

We had a great meeting of the Wyss Foundation in Cape Cod.  All day Thursday tropical rains came down to the west of us, but we had sunshine.  Today I drove from Cape Cod to Syracuse, NY to see my son Justin and his wife Karly.  I drove through a torrential downpour for about 100 miles.  I don't ever want to do that again.  One reason is the semi trucks pulling two forty foot trailers on the drenched highways.  They put up so much water from their wheels that you are driving blind.  I always can judge a state legislature on whether or not I see these kinds of rigs running.  Only a corrupt and paid off legislature would allow those on the roads.  They are terribly dangerous. The highways in Massachusetts and New York seem to be in relatively good shape.  Especially I-90 which is a toll road. 

No comments: