Not a lot of gifts exchanging hands this year. We find that young couples need a nice check in the mail to get what they need, rather than what we think they need. We used to do a gift exchange drawing at Thanksgiving where every one reached into a hat full of names and then bought a small gift for the person they drew. We don't do that anymore since we never seem to be all in one place at the same time. Times change. Time certainly marches on.
Here are some gifts I think need to be handed out to well known people or groups. I hope they get them.
- A sense that environmental issues that affect us all on the planet are important for President Obama.
- A realization that the GOP needs to shed its 'crazy' wing nuts who seem to be running the party so it can be a respected political group again.
- A show of courage and new leadership to the democrats in congress in fighting those crazies.
- A resolve on Governor Susanna Martinez's part that she will no longer listen to those who feel that demonizing undocumented workers is a good thing.
- A realization by the fossil fuels industry that they should no longer try and run our nation with political donations and that they use their business expertise to develop renewables in a profitable way.
- A happier outlook on life to bloggers who whine in 90% of their blogs.