Attorney General Hector Balderas's charges against the Secretary of State Diana Duran are probably going to lead to all kinds of other issues. Time will tell. Here is a list of items that I think need some clarification. Especially given the $450K plus money that was churned through slot machines and tables at our state's numerous casinos.
1. Where did all the money she had come from? (She reported raising $356K for her last campaign)
2. Was it all from siphoned campaign funds, or were there other sources?
3. If she jiggered the campaign reports for herself, did she do it for anyone else?
4. The Governor's muted response is weird and weak. Is she somehow vulnerable?
5. Who tipped off the AG? That will be a story in itself?
6. Will the media take a look at the GOP's bad week given the fines paid by Sandia Labs for Heather Wilson's illegal lobbying?
7. And finally, guffaw, will the Governor somehow blame this on Bill Richardson? And will Maggie Tolouse Oliver say I told you so?