Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Land Office Race

Public Utility Commissioner Sandy Jones says he will run as a democrat for State Land Commissioner. I like Sandy a lot, but I need to warn him and all other Democrats in the race that they are up against the Oil and Gas industry which owns and operates the republican party in New Mexico. Harvey Yates, of Yates Petroleum is chair of the GOP and he will do to any democrat what he did to me in the last election. He will raise millions to defeat anyone but some lackey republican mascot. Think of current Commissioner Pat Lyons.

This is the last election where that might happen on the scale that it happened to me in 2006. Soon new laws will prohibit anyone who does business with the Land Office from donating money in that races. But, that does not count in the 2010 election. So just wait and see what happens.

Also, I had a call from Patsy Madrid the other day. She is not running for Land Commissioner. Nor will she go to work in Washington, DC. She has wisely decided that living and working in the Land of Enchantment is a better way of life. Who can argue with that?

P.S. Sandy Jones, will you please return a phone call I made to you last month? It is actually about issues on renewable energy! You might get my help if you at least call me back!

No comments: