- The solar industry employs more than 100,000 Americans, more than twice as many as in 2009. They work at more than 5,000 companies, the vast majority being small businesses, in all 50 states.
- The U.S. solar industry grew by 69% in the past year, making it one of the fastest growing sectors in the U.S. economy.
- Since the beginning of 2010, the price of solar panels has dropped by 30%, and costs continue to fall making solar an even more viable choice for residential and business customers.
- The U.S. was a net exporter of solar products in 2010 by $2 billion. We were even a net exporter to China.
- Solar power in the U.S. now exceeds 3,100 megawatts (MW), enough to power more than 630,000 homes.
- Continued industry growth enhances our energy security and diversifies our domestic energy portfolio.
Monday, September 19, 2011
GOP Congressional members are trying to paint the Solar industry in a bad light because of one company declaring bankruptcy after accepting Federal incentives. You would think the oil, gas and coal industries are egging them on. At least when when a solar panel breaks it doesn't pollute thousands of square miles of ocean bottom.