Thursday, August 06, 2009

Dear Republican Party

A letter that might get written.

Dear Republican Party,

I am a republican candidate for Governor. I need some advice. I am sure many of my moderate republican Congressional and Senate hopefuls will be contacting you too.

Here is my question. How do I get elected after thirty one of your wing nut southern white guys (and one female) Senators voted against our new Supreme Court Judge Sonia Sotomayor? Were you all thinking clearly? Could one call this mindless strategic decision a gift from God for the Democrats?

Are you on heroin, or crack?

Will you go further and raise money against the GOP Senators who did vote for the new judge?

It might not go unnoticed by the growing and ever more powerful Latino vote that you just gave their members the finger. How might we overcome this? Any ideas? I don't think having more tea parties will help. Do you?

Just asking. That's all.

Sincerely yours,

(republican candidate sign name here)

No comments: