Monday, April 02, 2012

Movie

Bobbi and I went to see "The Hunger Games" tonight.  I had not read the novels but the reviews were pretty good and I like the young actress who did such a great job in "Winter's Bone."

The movie, a kind of scifi dystopian story, has been debated on who are the bad guys.  Its about America. Liberal vs. conservatives.  I am here to tell you that the good guys, coal miner stock, are probably the liberals. The bad guys could be led by Rick Santorum and especially Mitt Romney. Kind of out of touch types.

I guess I will have to read the next two novels to see what happens.  The story is interesting.  Three novels of rage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have only read the books so far, but I think it's silly to shoehorn the first book into a liberals vs conservatives fight. The first book only details the oppressed (the districts) and identifies an oppressor (the Capitol). There aren't enough details in the first book (and I'm assuming the movie you've seen) to make this kind of mapping.

However, I believe you'll enjoy the story told in the rest of the series. The writing doesn't suit my style, but I definitely found the story engaging. I'd start with the first book to make sure you get a good look at what is going on inside the main character's head.

By the end of the third book, you'll find some better parties to try to pin as liberal or conservative. I'd like to hear who you come up with for each label then.