Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Progress

Remember the Age of Aquarius?  Could it be returning?  Democrats and Republicans talking to each other in Santa Fe.  The Governor willing to compromise away her pogrom on immigrant drivers licenses.  Gay marriage legislation being introduced in the Round House.

Well, it is all a start.  And it is strangely driven by politicos looking at the shifting opinions of the people.  Many more are deciding that continuing the culture wars just aren't worth destroying the country.  One big shrug and many move on.  This is good and we need to ride this pendulum swing as long as possible.

I am making progress too.  Twelve weeks after surgery and I returned to the Golf course yesterday for 18 holes.  The sunshine and decent weather were a great tonic.  Yeah, I am a little wrecked today, but not as bad as I thought it would be.  My new knee is not painful at all.  My other one however is starting to scream again.  I will get that one replaced in a year or so.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coincidentally, I was just thinking the other day: They used to say the pendulum swung back and forth every 20 years or so, I think it was, and I was thinking: It's been stuck over on the right now for a lot longer than that.

Some people say Ronald Reagan couldn't win the Republican nomination now because the party has moved so far to the right, and some people say Obama types are what used to be called moderate Republicans.

Well, I hope you're right. From my vantage point on the far Left it's been a dismal last 30 or 40 years, but I'll admit there's getting to be some circumstantial evidence, such as the things you mention, and national Republicans are trimming their sails a little.



I'm glad to hear the favorable update on the knee. I would not have thought you'd be playing 18 holes yet. That's pretty amazing, really.



Have you considered hopping around the course on your good knee?

Yea, probably.