Thursday, January 22, 2009

A New Crew

I have seen a few people who have worked in Presidential administrations over the last few days. One of them is me as I look in the mirror while shaving. We all look a little forlorn along with looking older. Everyone loved their moment in the sun serving in Washington, DC. I did too.(although mine didn't last long.)

I can see that some of the folks, not me, have the look of waiting for a call that will never come. Obama is looking for new blood. Not old fogies like us. Yes, he has recycled a few Clinton people into the full cabinet, but I have a feeling that the sub cabinet where the real policy is made and carried out will be filled with young and tireless wonks. Most of those appointments will be made over the next four to six weeks.

Sooner or later we all have to realize that our time is gone. That may be a good thing for the country because like tires, recaps just aren't as good and new ones.

No comments: