Lets see. Let me count the ways.
- Heather Wilson is appointed head of the transition after being rejected by republican voters in her US Senate primary election.
- John Barela is appointed head of the Economic Development Department after being rejected by general election voters in his congressional race against Martin Heinrich.
- Demesia Padilla is appointed head of the Department of Taxation and Revenue after being rejected by voters for the position of State Treasurer four years ago.
- Brian Moore was appointed Deputy Chief of Staff for the Governor's Office after being rejected by the voters in the republican primary for Lt. Governor
- Harrison Schmitt was appointed head of the Energy and Natural Resources after being rejected by voters some years ago in his bid for re-election to the US Senate.
Oh, I should mention that after I lost my Mayoral re-election in 2001 that I was hired as State Natural Resource Trustee by Governor Richardson. I guess I wasn't damaged goods either.
P.S. I have some good friends who were at the inaugural and they echoed what I have heard so much. That 'Oh Susana' is very gracious with everyone she meets and seems genuinely to embrace them. Some how that is not matching her TV appearances where she seems angry and negative about everything and can't get out of campaign mode. She should stop listening to her campaign managers who she hired into her office and start listening to other less combative and non partisan advisors.